Sunday, February 13, 2011

Snow Day

Law schools don't usually get snow days, so we were THRILLED when class was canceled because of the ice storm last week!  Being from Iowa and having four wheel drive certainly plays in your favor when you get winter weather in the "south."  We were not to be intimidated by a little bit of winter weather so we packed up the kiddo and headed out to see the town.   
Being "from" Missouri, Evelyn looks a little pensive about our venture.  But wait, is that a thumbs up?  Maybe she is showing her approval for our favorite house, pictured below.  It has been on the market since we moved here and I would like to think it is because it is just too perfect and beautiful for just anyone to buy; the owners must be holding out to sell it to a nice young couple with a cute baby (it couldn't possibly be anything boring like bad drains or high taxes).  How do you like my stellar photography skills?
 
One of the many lovely gates in the neighborhood.
Stefan let me pick what we would do on his day off; isn't that nice? :) I usually end up being so overwhelmed by the responsibility of choosing what to do that I almost always pick the same thing--the Whole Foods bakery.  Don't get me wrong, I am all for exploring the unique offerings of any given city but when the chips are down, this is one place I know I can count on to deliver.  Here is Stefan with his pistachio cannoli.
Leave the gun.  Take the cannoli.

Evelyn had a good time, too. 

I love a good snow day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment