Friday, March 26, 2010

Shower Recipies

A couple of weekends ago I went to Nashville to visit my sister.  Since she was hosting a baby shower for a friend, I thought I would go and help with all the preparations.  Really it was an excuse to drink coffee and enjoy the warm weather with my sister but we also really love hosting events together.  When we get together there is nothing out of the realm of creative possibility that we won't attempt to pull off.  For example, a pasture filled with lamb cupcakes:


This picture was taken after the party so things are not totally fresh looking but hopefully you get the idea.  We took a cue from Dulce Desserts in Nashville and filled the center of each with chocolate ganache, then covered them with a layer of Martha Stewart's meringue buttercream with a hint of almond flavoring as an homage to Stefan's grandma Helen.
I wish I has one to eat right now!  We also made a new recipe I modified from an original I found for a feta and red pepper dip on AllRecipes.  Here is the modified version:

Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Dip:

3 Roasted Red Peppers (or more)
8 oz. Feta
Juice from half a Lemon
A generous pinch of Salt
2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Combine all ingredients in a food processor and let run 15-30 seconds or until peppers are mostly blended.  Serve with homemade or store-bought pita chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment